Open Source Free Energy & Over Unity Forums...and If You think none of these terms are real, they do not exist, or is just fiction, then PLEASE>>DO NOT ENTER!!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change
Free Energy will give us hope,
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
I really love those words from Stefan, reason why they are here..
and sadly, whole site now on "Read Mode Only" due to Stefan's illness

The 19th Century Manchester Bipolar DC Dynamo

Started by Ufopolitics, Jan 17, 2024, 10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreyWolf47

Ufopolitic

Greetings my friend.

I have finished winding and labeling all my coils. I will be testing in the morning  attached is the layout.

20240117_223208.jpg

GreyWolf47

Ufopolitics: Hello again my friend

In order to fit the configuration of the already existing primary cores, I had to reduce the wire size so I could wind 3000 turns of secondary and it still fit. This is just a quick test to see how close the coil turns match to give me the voltage of 120 volts AC at 60 Hz. I'm not looking to run my house on it yet. Just do some testing. We've got to walk before we run the marathon. I should have preliminary test results by  10 AM central time. I have to unhook my commutator from the other test coil and hook up to the MANCHESTER device.

Cheers!  GreyWolf47

Cadman

Quote from: Ufopolitics on Jan 17, 2024, 10:15 AM...
At these times, on the Twenty First Century, it is very hard to find deeper information about these type of machines...so, contributions of any available data and info, would be appreciated.

Hello everyone,

Here is a DIY set of build instructions for a small Manchester dynamo from Scientific American 1887.
Complete, all info including drawings. Output is 60 volt 10 amp.

It's a big file, 31.4 MB, takes a while to download.
Also attached is a question & answer on how to double the output, with some notes added. Also how to increase the total output 16 times.

Regards,
Cadman

Eight Light Dynamo - Scientific American supp 600 excerpt.pdf
Eight Light Dynamo - expansion info.zip

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.
Albert Szent-Györgyi

Ufopolitics

Many thanks Cadman!!

You just cleared some doubts that I had...related to polarization on stators core.

Plainly speaking, it is like a Horse shoe magnet...where the two ends that meet the Rotor Armature are the N and S.

It is EXACTLY as a BRUSHED DC Motor configuration...Where armature wires run along Rotor shaft (parallel to shaft)

MANCHESTER_DYNAMO_STATOR_POLARIZATION.png

However, that image above is about the Edison type Dynamo...Not the Manchester, please look at image below and compare the poles distribution related to Rotor Armature configuration...is rotated 90º:

MANCHESTER_BIPOLAR.png

Now, that is where my confusion is...I can only imagine this will work, if, the Upper & Lower MASSIVE STEEL CROSSMEMBER between Both Stators COILS are, say North the TOP and the LOWER is South...and to achieve that, BOTH Stator Coils should be EQUALLY facing both North and Bottom South.

Regards

Ufopolitics
Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind:Study the science of art. Study the art of science.
Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.
―Leonardo da Vinci

Cadman

Quote from: Ufopolitics on Jan 18, 2024, 09:35 AMMany thanks Cadman!!

You just cleared some doubts that I had...related to polarization on stators core.

Plainly speaking, it is like a Horse shoe magnet...where the two ends that meet the Rotor Armature are the N and S.

It is EXACTLY as a BRUSHED DC Motor configuration...Where armature wires run along Rotor shaft (parallel to shaft)

Regards

Ufopolitics

Hey Ufo,

Of concern to me in this dynamo is the core size. Unless my calculations are wrong, as drawn it has has an area equal to a round core 2.93" in dia.
Doubling the area it's 4.15" dia.

Cadman

Edit:
I guess I posted while you were still adding info to yours.
You're right. It isn't a Manchester. About the coil polarity of the Manchester, I see it the same. It is a consequent pole dynamo. Coil polarities are same at each end, as in both N at the top.

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.
Albert Szent-Györgyi

Open Source Free Energy-Over Unity Systems Research/Development/Disclosure/Discussions